View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickClickBoom View Post
Sorry,
Go to http://www.pre-luber.com/ and check out their pre/post oiler setups, 2-300 bucks, not as blingy as the race setups but very effictive and simple too.
eric
Some really neat stuff there, but could pose some additional problems in our application.
I presume the electric pump would suck oil from the main tank, but where does it go once the turbo sump tank is full. I can't see it forcing its way through the scavenge pump back to the oil tank.
Also, if the turbine isn't spinning (engine stopped) and oil pressure is applied to the turbo, won't oil leak into the hot-side housing? I am sure my K27 doesn't have a mechanical seal on this side of the bearing housing; I think it is just a close tolerance gap between the housing and the shaft which relies on there being some pressure in the exhaust side and/or some suction from the scavenge pump to keep the oil from leaking into the exhaust side. Turbo experts?
Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911
Old 02-23-2009, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)