View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
If you read up he can disconnect the hose at the bottom and it would not make any sense at all to dump unfiltered oil into the tank from the turbo, the problem is when the filter gets clogged it bypasses and dumps unfiltered oil into the tank.
Yes I caught that he can disconnect the line without losing oil from the tank. I truly don't know the inner-workings of the 930 oil tank, so I don't know for sure if there is a pipe inside that runs up to the oil filter from the tank scavenge pump fitting. Even Porsche has been known to do things that don't make sense. I would indeed feel better if what you say is true.
Keep in mind, that on a cold engine, the dip stick usually reads nothing...granted it doesn't reach the bottom of the tank either. So perhaps the level just wasn't high enough for oil to leak out of that opening
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)