View Single Post
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Ditto ditto...except it's only happend to me twice and both times either after parking or sitting in the driveway, then attempting to start her back up. Both times I just pulled the relay out, pursed my lips and gave it a good blow and gently licked the prongs, stuck her back in and off we went. One of these days it will probably strand me.
So one of the fuel pump relays will stick in there and do for emergency substitutions??? I never thought of that.
Yep, I had an extra red fuel pump relay and ran it for a couple of weeks until I got the replacement. I would be driving along and the engine would just quit. No sputtering or anything. Just died. I would restart and it would work fine for a while. Eventually it just wouldn't start anymore. When I pulled the relay it was hot so I imagine the contacts were bad and causing high resistance. The replacement stays cool.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)