View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones View Post
The electrical gremlins are the worst things to try to chase down because you have to catch them as they are occuring in order to focus in on the correct part or connection
You got that right, Chuck. I can remember many years ago when my wife owned and drove a rusted out Jaguar sedan in the Chicago area. It would mysteriously die at the most inopportune times....and would not re-start until cooling down completely. Logic told me it had to be some damn sensor or another that was failing when it got too hot, but I never had my trusty VOM meter with me until one day....as luck would have it....it died as we were backing out of the driveway. Ah-HA, you bastard! (I said), finally we're dead at home with all my tools available. I had already narrowed it down to a couple of possibilities and had it nailed in less than a minute. $20 later with a new part and we never saw that problem again. We spent much more than that having the thing towed home beforehand.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)