View Single Post

Was the car that is now Pelican for $29K totally repainted due to the minor accident that required the mentioned rework of the rear quarter? This is a common problem with turbos as people did not know how to regulate boost surge when new when in the wet or on roads with gravel. To bad they did the whole car but that was almost normal as body shops unfamiliar with the 2 stage paints could not blend and just got the insurance COs to pay for the whole repaint. Now the value differential is probably not that significant however in the big dollar of icon collecting ( sometime later down the road ) excellent original preferred next Correct restoration ( ebaycar is missing the original radio and who knows what else if that flew under the radar) next would be a similar car to the blue if a reasonable reason for a entire repaint can be verified. No significant accident history, just light damage or poor paint maintenance and/or storage/sun related deterioration. If its a nice car otherwise it seems like a good deal to me compared to what some expect for their early Turbo Carrera's I will post photos of the one I just got that I have been waiting a long time for. It has had one panel nicely blended and will require the inside of the tail repainted as they are glass and prone to engine heat causing the paint to fail on it.They do come up for sale now and then. Just have to decide when to pull the trigger.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-26-2009 at 02:28 PM..
Old 02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)