View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
I honestly don't know the onset rpm of boost. It will gladly keep pulling over 7 but I'm not making more HP over ~6600 so why stress the engine with high rpm shifts?
The 30R's are definitely better than the super 60's in spool up, and overall power. BUT, the biggest help was the re-gearing. Should have done that years ago! Much quicker onset.

The 996 with the 3.6 and 30r's must have been sweet! More volume to increase spool and overall HP. 3.6 will be the next one I build, hopefully MUCH later.

Hmmmm, good info. I only ask because I have a project here that is currently a twin scroll 3582R off a 3.3L subaru flat six(four valve heads) that I'm contemplating converting to a biturbo setup. It's going in a mid engine kit car eventually. I'm tossing around the idea of either 2876R's or maybe stepping up to 3071R's. It spools pretty damn quick for what it's worth now on the single when put on the engine dyno. I'm running anywhere from 1.2 bar to 1.8 bar of boost with it but I'm looking into making a new turbo setup to get equal or more CFM out of the compressors at a lower boost pressure and not lose too much response at the same time.

The twin 30R 996 Turbo was absolutely insane. I think ~1.5 bar of boost and ~700ish wheel. However coupled with the larger displacement and that grippy AWD system I thought my eyes were going to blow back in my head under accell. Off the line it was quick, but the impressive accell was with the ~60mph to ~160+ mph pulls. That thing just scooted so ***** quick!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)