View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
I've mentioned it before, but I'll say it again. I removed all the variables of the flapper switch, over boost switch, yellow relay, Mars lining up with Jupiter, etc. by grounding the fuel pump relays up front with an inertia swith. That what all those do in back. If all is in order, it grounds the system and lets the fuel pump relays kick in. If I have an impact, the switch cuts off the fuel.
One word...SIMPLICITY (and dependability). As long as you're confident that overboost situations won't ever develop necessitating that funky OB safety mechanism's original purpose. Sounds like a good tradeoff. Keep an eye on the boost, vs. having any one of those relays or switches strand you miles from home.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)