View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbph10 View Post
If were only talking 15-20 HP then it's probably not worth the risk. The car is fast as heck anyway. With my 87 there was always something to work on (brakes, tune ups, interior, rebuild, etc) but now with this it doesn't need anything and I'm looking to tinker around a bit.

I put a cat bypass on and was thinking about an exhaust for a little better sound but I want the ability to go back to stock since it was totally unmolested when I bought it so my options on tinkering are somewhat limited.

Any exhaust recommendations out there, I'm amazed at how quiet the car is, I had a GHL and cat bypass on the 87 and loved the sound.

Thanks guys
Brian
Go the exhaust route first before boost. The engine will not be as stressed because you are making it more efficient by reducing the backpressure on the turbo instead of cramming more pressure into the intake to get the power. Plus you can lighten the rear end of the car and make it louder at the same time with one of these high flow mufflers. You can always go bak to stock too.
----fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 02-27-2009, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)