View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I went from stock 79 930 parts to the following in summer of 2006.
B&B intercooler. No fitment issues except the machining of mounting bosses was off center by about 1/4 inch. Connections to the throttle body and turbo up pipe were ok.
K27S turbo.....great improvement in lag boost comes in at 2200-2400rpm now.
GSF headers with heat. Fitment issues with heater plumbing and location of turbo mounting flange was off so much that turbo support bracket was un usable and caused major rework to the turbo up pipe and trouble with turbo inlet tube connection. Be prepared to do alot of fitment mods because nothing is a true bolt on no matter what the sellers tell you.
I am very happy with the results....though I cannot quote power output now since I have not dynoed it since. It drives great and much easier to modulate throttle with little lag like the stock system and boost starts so much earlier.
Next move is a free flowing exhaust....I have made a zork tube but think that might get old quickley. Wife and neighbors both have guns, ha,ha.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)