View Single Post
Me like track days

I'll go on the record that for short street bursts and no track days, another Intercooler besides stock does not make sense. Yep, there ya go.

I've done a **** load of testing with temp increases under boost - think about it..........boost events DO NOT last very long unless you are going to jail....seriously, on my car about 5-6 seconds (probably less) of full boost carries one from about 35 to about 100 mph.

Now, that said I'd feel more comfortable with a Kokeln IC - I'd try to find one.

Track use is an ENTIRELY different story altogether - 100% different.

IC temps barely wake up, going up about 15 degrees is all. Then right back down when driving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A K27 HF turbo buit by Kevin and probably available from our host + a known quantity header setup that actually fits (get the mb911 993 setup) + fuel management for your verified healthy CIS +

Turbo $1,200
993 header setup roughly $1,100
mb911 muffler or Zork (Zork is my choice)
CIS fuel management incl adj WUR $350-$950 total. WUR controls cold, warm, and full boost fuel.

Possible adjustment of WUR/Air-Fuel ratio check at Dyno & go have fun.. It's a recipe for big, reliable HP.

** Before you start, decide if you will EVER do track days. The stock IC and crappy oil cooling will not handle more than 4-5 laps at the track w/o problems. **

Send me a PM if you have specific questions I can help with.
I have no financial stake in any of this and can pass on info I've learned.

Last edited by Craig 930 RS; 03-01-2009 at 01:42 PM..
Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)