View Single Post

hi,you are doing the work as i done last year,fitting arp rod bolts without splitting the case..arp do prefer you to use the stretch method however this aint so easy with the case not split,however they do also give you a torque method using their grease compound to help acheive the correct setting so that both nut and bolt threads mate up with no extra resistance to achieve correct torque setting..
I also developed i way to check the torque equals the correct stretch without splitting the case.
If you have a set of digital verniers you can measure each rod length before install then after using there torque method,turn the crank to suit which gives you most room for each rod bolt,squeeze a set of 6 inch digital vernier calipers in there,carefully take a size then carefully hit the zero button when on the torqued size,this way when you remove verniers and alter size no doubt with tryin to squeeze them out it dont really matter now because you have zero'd them on correct setting,now close vernier calipers and their is you stretched sized that you calculate your unstretched size from to confirm the torque method is the same.

I confirmed mine were all ok and were well within the stretch method spec size...i believe the torque method is to torque each one several times using their procedure so i would contact them,i cant remember it off the top of my head. Although i may have the instructions lying around and will check for you.
"92" 964 turbo,Modified and recently rebuilt using all ARP hardware..
Purpose built fuel controller set up to acheive perfect fuel curve on CIS inj.

Last edited by stup; 03-02-2009 at 09:06 AM..
Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)