Thread: Cayenne
View Single Post

Cayenne

Ok, someone had to bring it up, but it's not what you think. I know all the neigh sayers of the Cayenne have been against it from day one. Well, I wasn't. I am such a Porsche fan it is ridiculous, I love Porsches. I also love SUV's, I have 2 Land Rover Defender 90's. If anyone was a candidate for buying the Cayenne it was me. In fact, I have been in the market for a new luxury SUV for 2 years now and passed on the Range Rover, passed on BMW X5 all because I was waiting for the Cayenne. Porsche had me in the bag from the word go... But now I see what the poor disastrous monstrosity looks like and I am completely crushed! I wanted to love this Porsche. I at least imagined a rally car type thing, or something aggressive or even a lifted 996 for crying out loud. But not an ugly soccer mom station wagon that looks as if it was designed in the 80's. So, after 2 weeks of thinking maybe it will ook better in person I now have given up. It looks like it is X5 time for me. Sorry Porsche, I don't care how nicely it drives or fast it is or how capable it might be off road. It is hideously ugly and I wouldn't be seen in it. I keep hoping they will see their error and change the body styling before they release it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Disappointed Porsche fanatic.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)