View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
I dont think there is not a feasible way to use the stock 930 inter cooler with the 965 elbow/ recirc valve (unless you maybe wanted to use the old housing and have it blocked off). I think this mod is done in combination with a diffrent inter cooler such as B&B, Kokeln, 965, Blown6, etc...
I'm using a B&B intercooler. Unless there are some sort of adaptors (for mounting, and for attaching the exit end of the intercooler to the intake manifold...which will be several inches lower after removing the stock recirc assembly), I can't see how to do this conversion. Of course, I'm probably missing some fine point here. In the interim, I may play with blocking off the current recirc housing and installing a BOV somewhere. Just trying to reduce the volume of air required to charge the system, and thus gain a little on lag.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)