View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Cole/Kris,
Thanks for the input. I've got a better view now of what I would have to do. Not insurmountable, and I think I could fabricate the mounts and pipes as needed. I like the cleaner look of the 965 setup, and if that's all that's driving me then it probably isn't worth the effort...other than to lose a few pounds by removing the stock recirculating assembly. I may toy with closing the assembly off to reduce the air volume (though as Kris points out it may not make much difference). I thought maybe I would by a can of that expanding foam stuff and just fill the entire housing with it. That oughta block her of all right :-)

Here's a option: Take the recir assembly piston out of action by removing the vacuum line to it (thus it will always stay closed), and install a hose that T's off from the intercooler feed to the AAV (as opposed to welding on a tap to the intercooler itself)and run that hose over to the intake pipe feeding the turbo (would have to drill and tap a fitting into the housing in order to install a BOV at that point). What would it get me? The cost of a BOV and some work modifying things, just to have a 965 BOV. Hmmmm....let's scratch that plan, it's of no value.
How about I just leave it all stock?
Mark - Are you in a rush? My motor is going back together within a couple weeks, maybe even by the end of this week. I'll take pics when it is ready to be reinstalled. I do remember taking the intake to a machine shop where it was cut in half and welded up.
14 535i M Sport
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)