View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Mike Hall
A little advice needed please

I have a 84 Euro 930 that i bought with the engine in boxes. I have been collecting parts for a EFI rebuild using a 3.2 induction, 79 Large port SC heads, and cams. I have most all the parts collected but i still need to get them sent off and checked out and all that before i can start rebuilding the engine. Before i start spending more money on this engine, i wanted to see if i would be better off getting a good low mile 3.6 and installing turbo pistons rather than rebuild my 3.3. It almost seems that if i can get a good low mile 3.6 i could leave the bottom end alone, and just replace the pistons and be done with it, Right? What are your thoughts on rebuilding an EFI 3.3 or going with a 3.6 with turbo pistons?

On a different note, If i go with rebuilding my 3.3 which only has 55K miles on it. Where are some good places to send my parts to here in the southeast? I want the heads cleaned and a valve job done, i want the cams modified to drive the turbo oil pump, i need the pistons and cylinders cleaned, honed and checked to make sure there in spec, and i want to have the crank and rods inspected and rebuilt if needed.

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)