View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darling930 View Post
Hi Mark,
Just to throw my 2cents in. Don't forget when you are checking cold control pressure the engine has to be stone cold and unplug the connection from the WUR before you start as there is a bimetallic strip that starts to change the CP when it gets power (only gets power when the fuel pumps are running). Also do not forget to "burp" the pressure gauge lines as described in the gauge instructions. Be careful the pressures are high. It is also a good idea to check the leak down pressure and the "on boost" enrichment if you have it on your WUR. Good luck
Yep, I plan on doing the entire enchilada once I get in there. My WUR has the boost enrichment (I thought all 930 WUR's did?)...or at least I assume that's what the vacuum hose leading to the intake manifold just below the butterfly is for. It should pull vacuum when the butterfly is closed (off-throttle) and provide boost when boost is there with the throttle open. So, the internal diaphram in the WUR would respond by leaning the mixture with off-throttle, and enrichening it when on boost. Or so I would assume considering where the line is attached. Anyway, I'll be artificially introducing up to .8bar of boost at that line and see what it does to the control pressure.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)