View Single Post

Garage
930 Turbo brake problem

Hello to all

This is my first ever thread here, although I am member for more than a year (yes, shame on me)

So here is my problem:
Because I made a nearly race car (for street use), I relocated the master cylinder from top down to the pedal cluster, similar to old non boosted cars. I used the same cylinder (23.8mm as far as i know) that was fitted before.
Now, after one year of use, I feel like the performance is not that good. Brake feeling is very stiff, what I like. Until moderate speed, maybe 60km/h, it's OK, Pedal force needed is acceptable, even brake could be more agressive at beginning. But when I push more, performence does not increase much. At higher speed, it's driveable, but far away from that, what I exspect. Then I changed pads to Pagid oranges, slightly better, but still poor performance.
So my suspicion is, that the leverage of the pedal actuation is suboptimal. When I compare my selfmade version to pics i've found, it looks a bit different. But I can't check, because I haven't found some measures of the old pedal geometry. Here are some pics of mine

I have allready searched this forum for a solution, but I looks, like everyone, who remove the booster, use bias cylinder and left located at OEM position. On the website of VCI they offer a mercedes cylinder for non boosted cars, but to my question about the difference of the cylinder, they answered me, one is for boosted cars, how helpful
If someone of you know some solutions, please let me know. Of course you can ask me for more pics or details to my car.

Here is one from 2006, not current, but it looks allmost same today
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)