View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post

(3) or...here's another thought...drop the boost sensor for the Andial and have it energized with it's own MSD RPM switch instead.

Bingo! Through the solenoid away and use the RPM switch in series with the Andial Hobs switch.

If you have a stock head, keep your WUR settings stock. If you have an IA, reset you CP's so your non boost AFR's at cruse and idle are where they should be (increase CP's). Then increase you on boost CP so you do not go pig rich with boost. Then set the Andial to further decrease CP above say 5500rpm and .8 bar boost or when you need it.

You do not want the Andial to trigger just with boost or it will just off set the boost clamp you were going to use.

Now you have two stage boost enrichment using a proven system.

Or, do what I did five years ago. Through the Andial controller away and replace it with a Additional Injector Controller (AIC) modified with an internal oscillator.

The AIC now makes the CP's at all load and rpm points adjustable for near ideal AFR's everywhere. I even disabled the boost hose from my WUR.

A custom AIC-1 also comes with a second map and lead to drive one other component.

If you have a later USA fuel head, you can take over the O2 Lambda function. This will let you get even more fuel near red line in the same manner as the IA head w/o the expense or issues.

Or, you can get a "boost control solenoid" from a 944 turbo or other source and program your boost level by rpm level. Now you can keep you WG from leaking on first boot. Run higher boost in mid range, and pull boost back approaching redline.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)