View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Yep yep yep...I had similar thoughts one night while trying to fall asleep. Stepper motors controlled by a mass air flow sensor tied to a computer. As you said, EFI/CIS but without the electronic injectors. Wonderful theory, but beyond my skills at the moment. Just hook up a bunch of aftermarket parts, right?
It's basically the plunger that needs metering, and the current trend on the CIS is that the plate/plunger stalls thus not giving the required fuel for modified motors. There are plenty of servo control motors available today. The problem would be in mounting and controlling the CIS plunger either inside or atop the fuel head. If that could be done then the lever and the plate could be eliminated altogether. Like I said, I've seen this same setup on custom mechanical fuel injection systems - not on CIS systems. One such system, the servo part or the system, was controlled by air pressure. I believe Hilborn has such a metering device for sale. So it can be done in any way shape or form. Just takes some engineering.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)