View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoker View Post
Anyone know how far the metering plate on the CIS travels at full throttle? Or where the stall point is? How much more fuel is available when the metering plate is wide open? Perhaps a few might know this; I sure don't.
I suspect around 425-450 rwhp if full travel can be achieved in a way we can use it.

I spoke to the builder of the Rice Fueler many years ago. He modified WUR's to be vacuum sensing and for more fuel on boost. He told me that even with much lower control pressure (like the Andial Fueler gets) that he ran a motor at peak HP on the dyno once and was still able to push down the metering plate with a screw driver and flood the motor.

That is why I have been so interested in getting full travel our of the metering plate all these years.

Again, I believe full travel will get us to around where the IA head is getting us now. However, adding the IA on top of full travel should get us further yet. Say upto 500hp.

Thus, fuel dose not have to be the limit. It becomes more like sealing the heads, managing heat, keeping the motor to together, and making it breath well.

Boost and fuel are just part of what makes HP.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)