Thread: Turbo ID
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
That information is closely held by someone.
From my dealings with turbo manufacturers and rebuilders I can tell you that no one is going to give you a definitive answer. It is considered a trade secret. Don't ask me why but even the rebuilder on my payroll would not give me all the info. It is their specialty - rare commodity that is vital to their survival in the business. The more experience they have the harder it is to get info from them.

I can get the manufacturer's spec but any time a turbo had been rebuilt it is no longer manufacturer's spec as rebuilder uses their own experience and workmanship to rebuild the turbo. A not so experience rebuilder would go by the book and rebuilt using factory rebuilding kit but most of the ones I deal with uses upgraded kits.

Give me a day or two after I get back to the office on Monday and I will dig up the manufacturer specs on the 7200. I know for a fact that 550HP is not correct because upgraded ones that we rebuild are rated at 570HP.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)