View Single Post

Pat,

Quote:
I like WERK-1's thought on the mysterious cone, which would tend to alleviate the condition somewhat. Does anyone have a picture of this?
The biggest problem is the damn CIS itself. I have spent enough money to go EFI at this point, but I am stubborn, and I just know this will work eventually. I really think that somewhere Porsche/Bosch had this figured out, but didn't put it into production...warranty claims, maybe?
I took a couple pics. for you.The cone is tacked to the top of the air cleaner and extends down 2.25 in. it tapers from nearly nothing where it is tacked to a
2.375 in. dia. The end of the cone, in place, is about .375 in above the metering plate.
Most of us with 930's still running CIS S--- can the stock air cleaner for small
cartridge type. This allows more room in a very crowded engine bay. I have
never heard anyone mention any difference in CIS functional operation after
removing the stock air cleaner. This leads me to think the cone has no impact on the metering plate.

I understand what your saying about Bosch and Porsche having the answers. I have a tendancy to agree with Keith in that they designed it for the HP of what it was being installed in, not for a bunch of crazies trying
to wring every last drop of hp out of it. I think the 930 CIS is actually off the old 6.3 Mercedes; if you look they usually have 2 extra injector ports blocked off or plugged. The K Jetronic was used on a lot of different cars
so instead of reinventing the wheel they just retrofited what they already had.

Cole

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 03-08-2009 at 08:22 AM..
Old 03-07-2009, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)