View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
What does Elephant racing say about the issue? I found that Chuck is easy to talk to over there (he is the owner). I worry that such a large amount of shims is unnecessary and not intended. What does the instructions with the kit say?
I think it will effect the geometry of the suspension in regards to anti dive built into the turbo under braking. It also puts bending loads into the bolts with all those shims spacing it out from the front mount like that.
Did you try loosening the bolts at the aluminum cross bar mount to allow the rear mount to pivot while tightening down the front mount bolts? You may have more angular adjustment there yet.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)