View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Cole,
Oh, no, I didn't mean to say I was disagreeing with you in any way. I going back to the time, several years ago, when the Powerflow first came out. I was one of those who purchased the product from IA who was suspecting the unit didn't perform as claimed. I'm with you 100%.
I just can't let the day go by without my 2 cents worth.
I too almost fell for the ABS plastic box "improvement", but instead opted to simply modify a spare stock airbox I had on hand, to accept a huge cone K&N filter. Ended up looking just like the Powerflow unit. Probably all I really benefitted was opening up the engine compartment...and just maybe a little more flow through the K&N. In retrospect, if that cone shaped piece at the end of the box is deemed important for directing airflow across the metering plate, then I guess I got the best of both worlds by keeping the (almost) stock box assembly.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)