View Single Post

"Stuttering" problem with '86 930

I suddenly experienced a "stuttering" problem with my '86 930. 39,000 miles. Kokelyn intercooler, European Fuel distributor, K28 turbo, cold air intake, GHL single out exhaust, GHL headers with heat. Car ran perfect when I purchased a year a go, then all of a sudden it started hesitating seemingly at lower rpm. I noticed the turbo bar gauge "goes crazy", and it feels like something is holding the car back. I thought it may be the fuel pump fuse issues, and , sure enough, my fuse panel was black and burnt, so I did the modification and separated the 2 fuel pumps with separate fuses, but this did not help. I also checked all the pressures, they are all right on.
I did always notice that the car runs "rich". Even upon start up, the exhaust is very black, and always starts idle at 900-1000rpm. It never runs faster and then idles down, always one range. If I try to warm it up by gently using accelerator pedal, it will run rough for about 30 seconds, then smooths out. I checked the aux. air valve, froze it, and then heated it, it is working fine. I am stumped as what to look for next. I have had several SC's, and was able to figure out any problems, but this has me baffled. Sometimes it runs perfectly, but it is a hit or miss proposition. Any hints on what I could look for?
Thanks!
GHL Exhaust Dual Exhaust, Wevo shifter and coupler
935 Front Air Dam, Forgeline wheels
Old 03-08-2009, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)