View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I've done some fiddling in the past with the ideas in this thread.

Several stock 930 air boxes were hacked up before I tossed them all and stuck a simple paper filter on top the air meter assembly. I removed the cone from one of the air boxes and mounted it on the bottom side of the filter lid. Figured Porsche wouldn't have it there if not needed. I could not tell any difference with or without so I chucked that as well. My thought at the time was that this cone may have more function with the idle characteristics of a stock engine and not be necessary with my minimal CIS and non-stock tune.

Exactly what performance gain do you expect to see with the spun aluminum CIS version of the Tornado? I'd be glad to dyno one for you but I'm not sure what significant benefit this is for a sub-350whp 930. You would need to tell me exactly what parameters to measure. I assume AFR, HP and torque throughout the operating range.
Also, does installing this device on the metering plate require a re-calibration of the plate?

Someone mentioned fuel heads. The Mercedes V8 is the same casting as the 930. You can also use a 928 CIS fuel head. The problem with this is fuel distribution of the extra 2 injectors. The stock 930 pancake intake is not designed to distribute fuel evenly. Another problem is fuel mileage. You now have 8 injectors running all of the time.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)