View Single Post

Z,

Quote:
Now that would be a very interesting Spy picture. Perhaps that is where this idea came from. I'm just wondering why the idea never took off and why the spun aluminum MP got lost in the wind????
I've been a big 934 fan for a long time. It is extremely hard to find any information on the CIs used on the original 934. Here is a pic. and a quote
about the unit.

Quote:
Even includes the original Mercedes CIS fuel injection system completely rebuilt by Bosch
Steve Weiner raced 934's and 935's and has probably as much knowledge about the 934 CIS as anyone you can find. Steve has said the 934 CIS was completely different than the CIS we know on our 930's. One of these days I will ask him to give me some particulars.

You have to understand the CIS on 934's was pretty short lived as they were replaced with mechanical injection to help eliminate the turbo lag. Turbo Porsche's were relative new and there were not nearly as many out there as there are now.
As 930's got older and used 930's got more affordable the crazies started trying to get them to go faster and here we are. In the mean time all that old school stuff went by the wayside in lieu of 700HP and EFI. I mean it was probably 15 years ago when Power Hause even did this velocity plate. Been a lot of technology under the bridge since then. There are a lot of Porsche's out there still running CIS but only the crazies are worried about afr's under 1bar of boost. I'm
older than dirt and can't afford EFI so I'll dig this old stuff out wherever I can find it.
And some times it even works out.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 03-11-2009 at 10:12 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)