View Single Post
Infidel

Basic Necessary Rebuild Questions

As some of you know i'm not a spanner man, would love to have the time and space to be able to get stuck in but i sadly don't.
My 930 engine is now getting rebuilt (by professionals who usually build back to stock), it's stripped to nuts and bolts and it's time to decide what goes in, the engine will be keeping the CIS system but it already has most of the bolt on mods, and some machine work was carried out in the last rebuild, heads ported, intake manifold ported/extrude honed etc.
My main question to start was what rod bolts and head studs would you guys fit, i know ARP are the main players but would like advice on others if they are better.
I thought i would start a thread about the necessary basics, as nothing came up on the search, yes there is lots of information if you dig and read hundreds of threads but i thought i'd ask the Guru's what the absolute necessities are for a good strong CIS build, it may be a good reference tool for others needing a list of stuff, the aim will be for roughly 450fwbhp.

It already has

K27HFS Turbo (new)
B&B style headers
Fabspeed Duel Out Exhaust (new)
964t Intercooler
1.0bar spring (nets about 0.9bar) in wastegate and MBC (Engine will be for 1.0bar max)
964 cams
Rebuilt and Ported Heads
Ported Intake Manifold
Modified Injector Blocks
IA Fuel Head
IA Air Box
I know it needs either the Brian Leask WUR and RPM switch, or the Digi WUR, i'll decide on this later

Parts that are going in, please advise on what is missing, and what on the list needs changing to higher spec or other type

Big end
Bearings
Seals
Gaskets
Chains
Tensioners
Rod Bolts
Head Studs

Any and all advice is welcome, what have i missed, what would you do different? Cheers
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 03-11-2009, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)