View Single Post

The "easiest" way to get more enrichment is to open up the WUR and tapping down the gold pem in the bottom section of the WUR. If the unit is out this only takes a few minutes.

As you have the 3.3T the system pressure drop as I recall is ~1.3 bar...what you might want to shoot for is the 3.6T pressure drop of 1.6 bar. I should mention that you should be very careful when tapping down the pem as you don't want to over shoot the pressure drop. You can get a lot of fuel if you do. So much you'll be way to rich at peak HP and off your afr guage at peak torque. This change adds more fuel across the rpm range after ~6-7 psi of boost and will give you the typical too much fuel in the lower rpm's and enough (ie....how ever much you want) at redline.

With that said if you chase this route it's advisable to have a CIS tester. Actually I would say if you don't have a CIS tester...don't do this tweak! And this will not address the rising AFR's typical of the modified CIS Turbo motor.

I see you mention your AFR's are changing. I've noticed the same thing (I have the LC1 mounted). Can't say what it is but would venture it has to do with outside temps and which brand of gas I've filled up with.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)