View Single Post
Infidel

Cheers for that chaps, so there is no need to fit anything special in regards to bearings, tensioners etc, new stock stuff is fine. Just uprated rod bolts and head studs.

Akila, i stuck with 930 heads because i have been told, from a top engine builder here in the UK, that the RR350 alloy used was necessary even at stock power levels. If you were to hold the car at sustained WOT, either on the track or on a german autobhan, then the lesser alloy used in the non turbo heads would fail. He went as far as to say that he simply wouldn't build a turbo engine with anything but the turbo heads, but then all his engines are race spec builds.
I know there are quite a few out there with NA heads fitted so they must work, i would feel nervous taking it flat out and holding it there though
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)