View Single Post

"What, though, is the boost threshold exactly...and how does it relate to the boost enrichment? It must not be a delay as to when the enrichment begins (as the word threshold suggests?), otherwise the need for RPM controlled delay would not be necessary."

Thats what it is. He dreilled, tapped and put in 3- 3mm allen heads under the circumfrence of a large diameter spring inside so you can increase tension on it.

It is supposed to do what you say but it is so subtle I can't see any difference with the ultra way too rich IA modified fuel Head I have on mine right now.
I've tried the adjustments to the length of the threads of the little allen head grub screws and I see no difference on my innovate AFR gauge, but maybe with a stock fuel head ypou could see a difference.
Screwing them inwards is supposed to delay boost enrichment a little bit but you need the rpm switch if you need to delay it alot like when the IA head is installed.

You'll see it all in the very in depth instructions with pictures that Brian gives you with it.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)