View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I have the adjustable WUR from Brian Leask and with that one you tap in the large center thing on the bottom to lean out boost enrichment by raising boost control pressure but then you have the option of pulling it back out with a little tool he supplies with it to get the exact pressure you want using a 4mm allen wrench.
He also puts warm steady cruise control pressure and boost threshold adjustments on the bottom along with the cold start control pressure adjustment on the top.

All that said and having adjusted the thing alot and watching pressures with the correct CIS gauges, I use the opposite end of dial calipers for measuring depth and tapping it in .005" at a time makes a noticeable difference. I wouldn't move it more than .010" at a time and .040" is 1 mm and thats too much adjustment at a time unless you got lucky.

Also for every adjustment you do on the bottom of the WUR for warm steady cruise, boost enrichment, or boost enrichment threshold you will affect and change the cold start control pressure setting on the top so you'll have to go back and set that again.
Thanks for the heads up on how much to adjust and how the BL WUR works.
Didn't know that the Brian Leask WUR have a number of adjustment possibilities.
Going to have a look at this thing, it's probably a bit to expensive for me at this point though, need to fix my gearbox.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)