View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Easiest way to get more fuel is to set the idle CO fat.

On a C2T I always wanted to try grounding thermal 12 at the Lambda control unit under the drivers seat to enable the acceleration fuel circuit which triggers the factory frequency valve to 75%. Could be a good place to use one of those MSD rpm switches. This could be the cheapest fueler yet.
Ooops, you are right, I haven't fiddled with the idle co for a while, this could explain the difference in AFR over time. This is obviously the first thing I should do, perhaps I can get some semi decent numbers.

Do you mean grounding pin 12 to increase fuel at top end?

I have been under the impression that when you floor it the frequency valve goes to 75% (Edit: this is wrong, see below) and stays there, but this is from my memory. I recall reading somewhere what this control unit does during acceleration and what triggers it, will look for it.

Edit:
When looking through posts on this forum I've seen comments suggesting I shouldn't be so concerned about the fueling at high revs since it's more likely it would knock around max tourqe due to the "kind" stock cams. I have been under the impression that I should aim for around 11 at top end mostly due to cooling, would be good to understand this.

Last edited by staffanbe; 03-15-2009 at 02:02 AM..
Old 03-14-2009, 03:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)