View Single Post

What you're saying sounds logical and I wonder what the differences are in Euro injectors and USA injectors other than a part number if there are actually any differences.

But, I have to say from actual experience that when I first put on the IA fuel head and adjustable WUR the boost enrichment was so insanely rich my innovate LC-1/G3 gauge went to around 9:1 AFR and the motor would completely stall out from too much fuel... It didn't buck and misfire from the over rich AFR, it completey put out the motor at around 4000rpms and the smell of unburned hydrocarbons was sickening.
...and that is with stock skinny USA fuel lines and injectors, so that tells me the CIS injectors are capable of flowing/squirting way more gas then you'll ever need unless you're running 1.5bar and race fuel at 6500rpms.

I should also say the car has new 964 cams, B&B headers and muffler, Garretson intercooler, K&N air filter, 1bar wastegate spring with a boost valve in the pressure line set at 1-1.1bar, Imagine Auto modified fuel head, Brian Leask adjustable WUR, and new Ultimate Motorwerks K27HFS turbo.. so the motor is pumping alot more air than stock.

You have the relationship of control pressure and AFR backwards... higher control pressure pushes the control plunger in the fuel head downwards covering up the metering slits and leaning out the AFR's.. anotherwords high control pressure means less fuel to the injectors.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)