Thread: Porsche bubble?
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts View Post
I've been watching the 962 market, and that market certainly has started to correct itself recently.
How nice for you! Who cares about VALUES? All we end-users are concerned with is PRICE. Cars are lousy investments -- unless you stick them in a plastic bag in the garage. I want a nice car that I can DRIVE. I have a good friend who is a fairly well-known collector (yes, he has a 962 among other things...) who talked me out of countless "projects" that he knew I couldn't afford. He bought all of his wonderful cars (which all look more like well-used tools than lawn ornaments) at times when the market was at rock-bottom and has always waited to cull the herd until the market was red hot. He's been in the game for 30 years and always counsels patience. He backed me out of a few hopeless money pits before handing me his cell phone to talk to a buddy selling what I really wanted (White-over-black/3.2 Motronic/G-50/Air/15K on a full rebuild, 7's and 8's, CS tail). I paid full asking price, which was still less than half of what a "project" would have cost. I don't care whether the market goes up or down. I just drive. And grin like an idiot every time that I do...
Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)