View Single Post

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
If compression and leakdown checks OK and there is no smoke:

everything is fine and you just dodged the bullet! Unfortunately, even small amounts of knock will shatter top compression rings to pieces.

Top vent goes to open air (but it should have a banjo fitting and short line to keep out the moisture though)
Bottom hose should go to boost line.

This is the stock installation. Bottom metal line is going to intercooler and top one is just a short piece of pipe.

Ill have to see about the compression and leakdown at this point it runs and drives like nothing is wrong and I will also look into putting a line on the top of the WG to improve on the current setup. So any pinging would case the compression rings to shatter? So the engine could be tested to be good even with shattered rings?

I still need to find the place this hose went in the first place?? The only place on the IC that a hose would fit, it is taken? I was hoping from the pictures someone might comment on this? It can been seen going from the IC to the throttle body. Is this how everyones IC is?

Last edited by Porschepilot79; 03-14-2009 at 02:54 PM..
Old 03-14-2009, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)