View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
You do not want the Andial to trigger with vac or loss of manifold vac. The Andial you want to trigger upon a given boost threshold. Typically something above .9 bar as the factory system often has enough fuel for such. If anything, adding a RPM delay switch to the Andial is more what would be of benefit.

Keeping a stock WUR and adding an Andial with a rpm delay gives two steps of enrichment.

A modified WUR with a rpm clamp gives you one step in enrichment. This works with a modified fuel head as it goes rich on its own.

Both systems should be capable of the same total fuel but the advantage goes to the Andial because of its tunability and it might even be able to achieve a lower CP.

Again, I replaced the Andial controller with a vac/boost (load) by rpm and was able to get near idle AFR's. 14's at idle and cruse, instant 13 on accel from idle or cruse, and 12/1 on boost to red-line. (Split Second AIC-1 with internal oscillator.)

Having send the new UltWUR, that should achieve the same thing in a more user friendly way.

Yep, I understand all your points I have a couple options to choose from...keep the stock WUR and my "stock" rpm-triggered Andial, or my adjustable WUR with the rpm clamp. I have both ready to go.

But back to my original point...I'm not taking about using the Andial as it's originally designed for boost enrichment. Rather, it can be setup to react to loss of vacuum, for anyone who chooses to do so for early enrichment. It's just an option, vs. trying to get a WUR to react to vacuum, which is opposite and contrary to it's design.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)