View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinhere View Post
Since I am completely new to the Turbo world...I am thinking about buying an I/C and a muffler for my car but I don't necessarily want to buy new. What I/C's would you guys recommend, I am thinking a ruf I/C would be nice and open to muffler brands. What should I expect to pay? Also, should I also do headers and think about upgrading the Turbo....
Here is something for you guys to laugh about...I've had several fast cars in the past, I've also had Horsepower monsters and that's not what I am after...I am mostly wanting to free up the engine from all of the heat the the stock system creates...ideas? thoughts? In other words, I haven't been bitten by the mod bug
I don't consider the 930 to be a great horsepower monster candidate anyway. The secret IMO is to find balance. I am removing about 500 lbs of weight off my car and not really focusing on increasing horsepower. I think the results will be much better than just having a 600 hp flame thrower engine, which ends up being expensive and time consuming on a 930, with marginal reliability unless you upgrade every component on the car, or spend 50 grand.

I think headers and muffler and straight wastegate dump pipe are the best way to start, and modern turbo if you don't have one.

These cars are about balance and not drag racing. They are a car for twisty roads, and having horsepower that overwhelms the chassis is a very slippery slope on these cars IMO.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)