View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
I also changed my Bosh compressor surge valve out for an after market unit I reversed and set up so it was open with no load so the turbo would spin faster in reserve. This reduced exhaust back pressure on the freeway and gave me instant boost when the BOV would slam shut with loss of intake manifold vacuum with acceleration.
Yeah, I read about your BOV setup in some other posts but I'm not sure I understand what you did and how it works.

I have a standard Forge unit, did you just change the orientation of the unit, you must have done something more I think?

Somone at another forum recommended this unit:
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDVSPLTR

At first I thought this was for kids who whant their car to go "woosh", but the unit is supposed to be installed reversed and there is a blanking plug so all air is re-circulated. Would the reversed installation indicate that this unit would be able to do what you accomplished?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)