View Single Post

fuel pressure question

I am new new owner to an 86 944S that is trying to kill me. I suspect that it needs a new pressure regulator, as well as dampner. Is there a way to clean and test these, or perhaps a cheat for the OEM part...meaning a part that will sub for the rather expensive Porsche versions??? To date I have installed new: Battery, spark plugs, cap and rotor, DME relay, fuel pump, fuel filter......other than the reference sensor and speed sensor, which by reading the thread seem like a holy PITA to change, I think it must be the reg or dampner causing the fuel delivery issue. The car will start if I spray starter fluid in it....but dies as soon as the fluid is burnt....any ideas out there?? BTW the history of the car is this, (supposedly) it ran well but wanst holding a charge, and the owner never had the time to work on it, and thus it sat and got forgotten for three years.....until I found it for sale for next to nothing. I am a very novice mechanic, but have taught myself to be methodical and relentless....and want to learn all I can. I took on this car as a project, and it sure has turned into one.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)