View Single Post

Msd 6al humming/sound quest...

Greetings:

I finally started my car up. It took me since July/1999...LONG FREAKIN TIME...
All injectors replaced, fuel pumps,plugs, fuel accumulator,fuel, oil, battery, all ignition upgraded-MSD,Fuel & oil filters..

It took approx 3 attempts for it to turn over...Once started burst of smoke..blew out...Ran it for approx 15-20mins...Before my shop buddy was closing up his shop, so he go can go home...If it was up to me i wish could stay past 6pm. Checked the timing factory...26, 4000rpm.& rpm at idle....So far so good...
I turned off the car, and started the car after 10mins...Just for the heck of it...With my luck it wouldn't turn over again...I HAVE TO SAY WITH THE MSD--The car just started within a blink of an eye...That has never been done before....I AM A BELIEVER WITH MSD....
The MSD IS INSIDE THE CAR...I noticed a small humming noise from the unit...Is this right?????

God...it felt great to hear my engine!!!! 3.3turbo--engine in a 82SC Targa...SC Cams, 7006-,B&B dual exhaust..Euro-headers-no cat, Hks fuel enrichment, Magnecor wires,.Engine was completely rebuilt in 1994..New guides,bearings,rings,etc..etc..Approx 9000+-miles on the engine.

I installed a front oil cooler and braided lines..Got rid of the trombone. Installed a 930S bumper--Better Bodies...Took forever for them to get it to me 4 weeks!!!

The car is now at the body shop for the front bumper to be painted and small stuff around the car......Should be done soon...God willing!

I like to give thanks to all the members like Rarly-Brian, Nathan, 930 Rocket, and others ....For all these great threads!

This is the best Porsche-info site....

Thnxs again!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)