View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Found something else. There seems to be a "Diagnostics Plug Socket", probably in the motor compartment. Pin 19 is the" Impulse Ratio Oxygen Regulator". This is probably where you can test the frequency valve "duty cycle" using a dwell meter. Pin 7 looks to be the ground.

This could also be a way to set ones CO if one wanted. When warm the duty cycle should be 50% for CO to be at spec. Set is at less than 50% and there will be more fuel on WOT and even more when triggering the 75% acceleration function.

For an RPM signal, it looks to come from the Control Unit 69 in the motor compartment as a black/vilot. Is pin #1 at the motor harness. Then is pin 4 under the seat at the Control Unit Turbocharger.

Hope this is not to much and is what you need. I am confident this is a missing opportunity for more fuel on C2 turbos.
Thanks so much for the information!

I haved tried using the pin #19 in the diagnostic plug (it's inside the car on the passenger side) but couldn't get a signal on my dwell meter, but with the other information I will find it one way or the other.

How would I be able to set my CO electronically (if that's what you mean)?

I have taken the RPM signal from another box under the seat (for the Zeitronix unit and shift light), so if grounding the enrichment pin gives me good AFR, the rest is fairly easy to setup I think.

I have some work to do first though, going to send my gearbox to the shop tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)