View Single Post

Yes, the aftermarket BOV style I used has about a .75" in diameter piston that you point toward the IC / presser section. The top chamber has a piston surface area that is about 3 times that. Thus, lets say you have 10 lbs of pressure pushing on the bottom position it has .75 lbs of force pushing up. The upper chamber would then have three times this, 22.5 lbs, plus the spring tension.

I believe you can set the BOV spring tension to start by putting something on it to listen. Blip the throttle from idle and you should be able to hear the piston close with acceleration.

---

Using the diagnostics plug to measure the duty cycle to set idle mix is based on the point that the Lambda will change the duty cycle to achieve its goal AFR. If you can measure it and know what a 50% duty cycle is, you can adjust the head until you get that 50% reading (hot operating temp).

I would set the duty cycle a little fat. Doing this, then the lambda will pull back the AFR at idle and cruse. Then when the throttle angle increases with WOT the lambda will kick off and deliver more fuel when the Lamda triggers the 50% duty cycle.

Just checked Goggle and found this very good explanation: http://www.allpar.com/fix/fixcarb.html

Also, it looks like you need 12v and pin 19 at the diagnostics port.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)