View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
George: 911st did a great write up of the various stages you can consider. I was pretty much in line with what you want to do and I got together with Brian (RarlyL8) and Ben (M & K) and bought up the various components they talk about, then had Brian pull it all together with a custom Y pipe. Brian and Ben are a great team and put out some great bolt on systems. I went with the K27 7200 also and have been very pleased with the performance and reliability of the car.....but it did take some time, and you will run into issues that will put the skids to your project till you can figure out what's going on.

If I had it to do over, I would have just had Brian and Ben build me the complete system rather than buy up all the parts like I did, then ship it to them. Doing it my way creates problems because all the parts may not be compatible and require custom work. I'll tell you one thing though....you won't find better quality and workmanship than Brian and Ben can crank out. You can beat their prices by going with the cheaper chinese/Taiwanese products that might look pretty, but can be a PIA and can be short lived with cracked welds, fitment issues etc. Follow what 911st said for Stage II and you'll be very pleased....plus the Stage II doesn't overtax your system and is truly the "sweet spot". I'm not the fastest 930 on the block, but I have put a few folks in my rear view mirror....much to their surprise.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)