View Single Post

Send a message via ICQ to Kurt B Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt B
An SUV that does a 5 flat is awesome: A twin turbo SUV.

If they had produced a Ranger, that would be different. No, they've produced something worthy of the elite German engineering.

For Porsche to get kudos over a racecar, they'd have to produce one that flew at mach 2.
Instead, if this thing is everything we want and expect from Porsche, it will gain a lot of attention. The P-name will gain still another level.

Now when all the hot shots in their F-150s are racing folks, they will not be able to say to themselves "Well, that Porsche is a sportscar, of course, he'll beat me."
"No Bobby Blow Boy, that's Soccer mom in the SUV...go for it! Want me to get out and help push?"

Porsche owned Le Mans et al for many years. Still, during the 80s crunch, when they were producing some of the best 911s ever, they almost went under.

Point has been proven by Porsche.

The only thing you guys worry about is what I worry about:

When Soccer mom pulls away from me at a stop light with an SUV filled with kids on their way to Pizza hut. She doesn't even notice the sweat pouring down my face and I slam it into and out of gears trying to keep up.
And in the end, all I see is some little brat giving me the finger out the back window.

------------------
Kurt B
1984 Carrera Cabriolet
911 Page
carrera_cabriolet@yahoo.com
Old 08-13-2001, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)