View Single Post

Here is another boost / timming / AFR data point from another thread. I wish it noted the fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoker View Post
I agree that EBC's have been around for a long time but when it comes to getting the most of things, one needs to just make it yourself. One of the only reasons that I can get a reliable 700hp out of my 3.3 litre bmw is the boost controller system. It is a fully closed loop 8 port solenoid system which measures exhaust pressure and manifold pressure. I can run this on 32 load points at any rpm, so I can map the boost curve to any load range. Normally a mapped system is constant and one would have to change the maps in order to change the boost curve. Or they rely just on manifold pressure. Toss exhaust gas pressure in the mix mated to a computer and things suddenly become very interesting. What I can do with my setup is alter the mapping via a trim knob in the cockpit to any curve variant that I desire. I can have any boost at any rpm with just a radio dial like effect. I've perfected this setup to the point were the motor runs quite stress free yet sees massive boost. I've seen 38psi with no problems. Here's another run verified by Performance BMW Magazine.

Boost 32psi (sustained), 5492rpm, 117.6F intake temperature, 15.3 degrees timing, 11.0 AFR (wide band), 66% throttle (TPS) gives 723bhp/692 lb ft.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)