View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
J
............................I am of the opinion that the fuel mod and adjustable BL WUR are more mechanical band aids to try and control mechanically created issues that are mechanically uncontrollable. With these add ons I think it is impossible to create an optimal fuel curve consistently across the RPM band. This is, by no means an attempt to disparage anyone or any of these devices it is simply stating a factual account of hours of forum posts. I have yet to see the thread that states this is what I did to my CIS and I have a perfect fuel curve across the RPM band consistently. I also don't believe we will ever see such a claim. CIS was a marvel in it's time but it's time has passed, kinda like mine, and unless you spend 10 grand on EFI you will never get there. I do think that to get the CIS as close to optimal as possible you must be able to do closed loop control of the CIS control pressure across the RPM band. I think from what we have seen so far the digital WUR is very close to achieving that goal. If you think about it you can buy a DWUR for about $500.00 less than the cost of the fuel mod and a BL adjustable WUR........................................ Cole
I very much agree with Cole's assessment. The DWUR, to me, appears to be capable of addressing all the shortcomings of the fuel delivery system. It has more refinement in being able to control fuel pressures across a broader MAP spectrum. One more input, such as Mass Airflow or O2, would be nice, but mapping the engine in temps around 70*F (mid point between 50*- 90* for Wisconsin driving temps) will have to do.
That being said, I would still carry a backup mechanical DWUR in the front bonnet as a spare until I am certain the reliability issue will not be rearing its ugly head at the most inopportune time.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 04-19-2009, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)