View Single Post
Wayah Road Warrior

Help with 930 Heating Problem (Footwell Blowers)

87 930 with Automatic Heat Control

Left footwell blower has not workd for the past year. Now the right blower has stopped as well. The right blower did enough work to keep me comfortable in the mild winters down here but ..... since I now have zero heat, I figure I will attack the problem now rather than wait until the next winter.

I have a couple of questions ...

When I turn on the ignition key (but do not start the engine) and set the heat to 9 on the auto knob, I can hear noise from the temp sensor in the dash, so far so good. However, I hear nothing from either footwell blowers or the servo in the center. Hmmmm ... I should be hearing blowers running? Servo running?

I checked the fuse in the luggage compartment (#8) .. it is good.

I shot juice to the blowers ... they work with a straight current.

I checked the in-line fuses for both footwell blowers ... both good.

Where should I look next? Am I correct in assuming the blowers will run with the key and heat on?

Additionally, I originally posted in the 911 tech forum. They referred to a rear heater blower. I see no blower on the wiring diagram and do not recall seeing one in the engine compartment? Is there a rear blower on the 87 930?

Last edited by Shadetree930; 04-22-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)