Thread: 930 Cutting out
View Single Post
Matt

Send a message via ICQ to h2oplr11
[QUOTE=mark houghton;4660820]Violent and hard jolt shutdown is not just a stutter or hard miss. Can't miss this overboost protection symptom. Did your boost gauge show you as overboosting? If you were overboosting, then find the reason: look at the wastgate for malfunctioning....either a stuck valve, ruptured diaphram, or disconnected air pressure feed hose. If you weren't over boosting, then most likely it's the boost sensor going bad.
__________________________________________________ _____

Mark, I'm having a similar issue to Richard. Definitely the dashboard in the face experience. The background is:

Recent engine overhaul
Replaced fuel filter / accumulator
Electrical - fuel pump regulator replaced

The funny thing is that it happens at 1.1 bar and it has also happened (although less frequently) at .5 to .6 bar. I had an issue this weekend with a squealy fan belt. I tightened it and took it out for a spin. A previous owner had installed a VDO boost pressure guage where the clock originally went. The guage has a historical peak line. Well, it always sat at 1.1 bar. After a little fooling around on the autobahn tonight I noticed that the bar now sits at 1.22 bar. Hope I didn't screw anything up. I definately didn't notice anything wrong on the drive home.

So, I'm wondering 1. if I'm overboosting, 2. if it's a wasgetate issue that you mention above or 3. a combination of both?

Any ideas here? I'm really hoping for an easy, inexpensive fix. Still trying to ease the wife after the overhaul price . . .

Thanks in advance for your help,

Matt
Old 05-17-2009, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)