View Single Post
what? me worry?

Quote:
What are the variables that would allow this with EFI? Ignition mapping w/ load sensing, etc? Fuel enrichment for charge cooling? Love to hear some toughts on what you gain/lose at this static CR...
Since you already own a bunch of the pieces you need roll with it..

Yes better control of all aspects of the engines operations..I'm going to delve further into the Microsquirt sequencer and what it can do.. It may have available channels where you can use knock sensing.

With 8.5:1 you will get crisper off boost throttle response.. though maybe not so much with a small displacement engine. I just put that out as anecdotal..We have built a number of 8.5:1 turbos... some with CIS.... and haven't experienced problems that were purely c/r related...

The new Porsche 997 turbo runs 9.0:1 cr Granted they are water cooled... .. On a related note our 935 clone is 8.7:1 and we sometimes run it at 1.6 bar... usually it runs at 1.2 bar...The only failure this engine sees is if it is over revved... other than that bullet proof..

Back to the engine management side.. you can run fat in areas of the map to keep EGT in check..

Your engine will be a real fun engine... especially in a light car...

My car weighs 1846 wet
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno
Old 05-27-2009, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)